Tel: +44 (0)20 7493 5082 | Fax: +44 (0))20 7499 4422 | Email: welcome@armoury.co.uk

Guards Club Presentation Cigarette Box, 1975

Onyx cigatette box, the hinged lid applied with a silver mounted badge of the Household Division comprising a Star, centered on the St. Edward's crown surrounded by motto ‘Septem Juncta in Uno’(Seven Joined in One), for the seven regiments of household troops: viz Life Guards, Blues and Royals, Grenadier, Coldstream, Scots, Irish and Welsh Guards, the interior applied with a presentation plaque, inscribed ‘Presented to / R. Searle / with gratitude from the members  / of the  / GUARDS CLUB’.

The Guards Club (founded in 1810) gave up its premises in Charles Street, Mayfair and moved in with the Cavalry Club in 1975. 

 
© The Armoury of St James's 17 Piccadilly Arcade London SW1Y 6NH