14th Punjab Regiment - George VI Regimental Plaque, 1945
14th Punjab Regiment - George VI Regimental Plaque, 1945
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, 14th Punjab Regiment - George VI Regimental Plaque, 1945
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, 14th Punjab Regiment - George VI Regimental Plaque, 1945

14th Punjab Regiment - George VI Regimental Plaque, 1945

Regular price
£1,550
Sale price
£1,550
Regular price
Sold out
Unit price
per 
Tax included.

39cm (15.3in) x 35.5cm (14in)

Cast and lacquered brass on polished mahogany escutcheon. Made by George Potter of Aldershot. 1930s-50s catalogue of Henry Potter & Co., Military Musical instrument Makers, of Charing Cross, London refers. ‘Officers’ & Sergeants’ Mess - Wall Plaques - Fully emblazoned with Regimental Title, Crest and Battle Honours. Plaque made to Shield shape or any shape to Regiment’s design. Ideal for wall of Mess or Commanding Officer’s or Adjutant’s Office.’

Read more

The 14th Punjab Regiment was formed in 1922 by amalgamation of the 19th, 20th, 21st, 22nd and 24th Punjabis and 40th Pathans with a class composition of Pathans, Punjabi Muslims, Sikhs and Dogras. The new regimental badge was a five-pointed star denoting the five rivers of the Punjab. Ferozepur was chosen as the permanent station for the Training Battalion. In 1923 the 1st Battalion was among the first Indian Army units selected for Indianisation of its officer corps. During the Second World War, the 14th Punjab Regiment raised nine new battalions. Most of them were engaged in the bitter fighting against the Japanese in the Far East.