1st Battalion Scots Guards Presentation Side Drum, 1960
1st Battalion Scots Guards Presentation Side Drum, 1960
1st Battalion Scots Guards Presentation Side Drum, 1960
1st Battalion Scots Guards Presentation Side Drum, 1960
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, 1st Battalion Scots Guards Presentation Side Drum, 1960
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, 1st Battalion Scots Guards Presentation Side Drum, 1960
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, 1st Battalion Scots Guards Presentation Side Drum, 1960
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, 1st Battalion Scots Guards Presentation Side Drum, 1960

1st Battalion Scots Guards Presentation Side Drum, 1960

Regular price
£1,250
Sale price
£1,250
Regular price
Sold out
Unit price
per 
Tax included.

39cm (15.5in) x 41cm (16in)

With painted ash hoops, rope tension system, brass cylinder, and hand painted regimental emblazon with Battle Honours to the end of the Second World War - the cylinder bearing the maker’s label of George Potter & Co., of Aldershot.

Read More 

George Potter & Co., of Aldershot was an off shoot of the London based military drum and instrument maker Henry Potter of Charing Cross that was established by Samuel Potter (1772-1836) in 1810. Samuel, a drum-major in the Coldstream Guards, named his business for his new born son Henry and worked in the business at 20 King Street, Westminster, after leaving the Army on 1817. Henry (1810-1876) carried on his father’s business at 37 Marsham Street, and later a 2 Bridge Street, before moving to 30 Charing Cross in 1858. In 1868 Henry’s brother George established George Potter & Co., at Bank Street, Aldershot. In 1918 George Potter of Aldershot opened the well know shop at the intersection of Aldershot’s Queen’s Road and Grosvenor Road, aka Potter’s Corner, which continued drum making in the traditional manner until the introduction of rod tensioned and transfer decorated drums in the 1960s.