Glasgow Highlanders - Highland Light Infantry Side Drum, 1923
Glasgow Highlanders - Highland Light Infantry Side Drum, 1923
Glasgow Highlanders - Highland Light Infantry Side Drum, 1923
Glasgow Highlanders - Highland Light Infantry Side Drum, 1923
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Glasgow Highlanders - Highland Light Infantry Side Drum, 1923
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Glasgow Highlanders - Highland Light Infantry Side Drum, 1923
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Glasgow Highlanders - Highland Light Infantry Side Drum, 1923
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, Glasgow Highlanders - Highland Light Infantry Side Drum, 1923

Glasgow Highlanders - Highland Light Infantry Side Drum, 1923

Regular price
£1,100
Sale price
£1,100
Regular price
Sold out
Unit price
per 
Tax included.

Measurements: 39cm (15.5in) x 41cm (16in)

With painted ash hoops, rope tension system, brass cylinder, and hand painted regimental emblazon with Battle Honours to the end of the First World War - the cylinder bearing the maker’s label of Henry Potter & Co., of Aldershot.

The Highland Light Infantry was awarded the additional title of ‘City of Glasgow Highlanders’ under the authority of Army Order 221 of 1923.

Read more 

Henry Potter & Co., of 36/8 West Street, Charing X Road, London W.C.2, was established by Samuel Potter (1772-1836) in 1810. Samuel, a drum-major in the Coldstream Guards, named his business for his new born son Henry and worked in the business at 20 King Street, Westminster, after leaving the Army on 1817. Henry (1810-1876) carried on his father’s business at 37 Marsham Street, and later a 2 Bridge Street, before moving to Charing Cross in 1858.