The Canterbury Infantry Regiment - A George VI Regimental Plaque, 1950
The Canterbury Infantry Regiment - A George VI Regimental Plaque, 1950
The Canterbury Infantry Regiment - A George VI Regimental Plaque, 1950
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, The Canterbury Infantry Regiment - A George VI Regimental Plaque, 1950
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, The Canterbury Infantry Regiment - A George VI Regimental Plaque, 1950
  • Load image into Gallery viewer, The Canterbury Infantry Regiment - A George VI Regimental Plaque, 1950

The Canterbury Infantry Regiment - A George VI Regimental Plaque, 1950

Regular price
£275
Sale price
£275
Regular price
Sold out
Unit price
per 
Tax included.

39cm (15.3in) x 35.5cm (14in)

 

Polychromed wood. Maker’s label of George Potter of Aldershot to the reverse. The catalogue of Henry Potter & Co., Military Musical instrument Makers, of Charing Cross, London refers. ‘Officers’ & Sergeants’ Mess - Wall Plaques - Fully emblazoned with Regimental Title, Crest and Battle Honours. Plaque made to Shield shape or any shape to Regiment’s design. Ideal for wall of Mess or Commanding Officer’s or Adjutant’s Office.’

Read more

~Section 2~

The Canterbury Infantry Regiment was one of four regional infantry units (along with Auckland, Wellington, and Otago) which made up the bulk of New Zealand’s infantry forces during the First World War. It served as the Canterbury Battalion at Gallipoli in 1915, before being divided into 1st Canterbury Infantry Battalion and 2nd Canterbury Infantry Battalion in March 1916. An additional battalion, 3rd Canterbury Infantry Battalion, existed between March 1917 and February 1918. The regiment served on the Western Front from 1916 until 1918.